Friedman’s Top 10 Tips to a First-Rate ’98
- Slip into something less comfortable. Comfort never produced greatness.
- Lose a few arguments. Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?
- Simplify your life. He or she who dies with the most ‘toys’ still dies.
- Embrace what’s important. He or she dies with the most ‘joys’ wins.
- Create a “To-Done” list. It is a sure fire way to accomplish everything on your list.
- Smile. It’s the second best thing you can do with your lips.
- Get into it. If you can’t get out of it, get into it.
- Challenge yourself. You don’t have to be sick to get better.
- Think before speaking. A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- Be kind. If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Scott Friedman, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) and former President of the National Speakers Association (NSA), is an internationally sought after professional speaker and author. As a motivational humorist, Scott inspires and entertains with engaging, interactive, and content-rich programs. Scott’s main areas of expertise are employee innovation & engagement, customer experience, and creating a happier, more connected workplace and life.