Friedman’s Top Ten Values for a Mighty Fine ’99
- “Value values.” The best things in life are not things.
- Be humble. At the feast of ego, everyone leaves hungry.
- Scare yourself. If you’re not scared, it ain’t big enough.
- Keep your words sweet. You might have to eat them.
- Turn it up. Your day follows the curve of your mouth.
- Make the most of pain. Pain is wisdom in disguise, which teaches us the lessons of life.
- Live a good, honorable life. When you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
- Play today. If you’re too busy to play, you’re just too darn busy.
- Enjoy yourself. If you can’t enjoy yourself, enjoy somebody else.
- Court coincidences. Coincidences are small miracles sent anonymously by God.
Scott Friedman, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) and former President of the National Speakers Association (NSA), is an internationally sought after professional speaker and author. As a motivational humorist, Scott inspires and entertains with engaging, interactive, and content-rich programs. Scott’s main areas of expertise are employee innovation & engagement, customer experience, and creating a happier, more connected workplace and life.