10 Ways to Enjoy the Journey in 2005
- Start the journey. A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a two-hour flight delay.
- Travel light. Take off your anger, envy and … socks.
- Carry on. “People who never get carried away should be.” – Malcolm Forbes
- Get lost. “Of course you’re never really lost; you’re just exploring.” — Jana Stanfield
- Count your blessings. Use both hands and feet and borrow a few toes. Your socks are off, aren’t they?
- Slip into something less comfortable. “Comfort never produced greatness.” — Scott Friedman
- Laugh out loud. “Laughter rises out of tragedy and rewards you for your courage.” – Erma Bombeck
- Think goodness. Every journey needs a little good-will-hunting.
- Kid around. “Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.” Herbert Henry Asquith
- “Be yourself, unless you’re a jerk, and then be somebody else.” — Larry Winget
Scott Friedman, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) and former President of the National Speakers Association (NSA), is an internationally sought after professional speaker and author. As a motivational humorist, Scott inspires and entertains with engaging, interactive, and content-rich programs. Scott’s main areas of expertise are employee innovation & engagement, customer experience, and creating a happier, more connected workplace and life.